The following useful documents are available on the WHO website at
- Political Declaration on the Prevention and Control of NCDs, 19 September 2011
- Major statements and speeches
- Resources for taking action to
- Reduce exposure to risk factors
- Enable health system strengthening
- Set targets and measure results
- Advance multi-sectoral action
- Improve national capacity
- Promote international cooperation
The WHO also published the “Targets to monitor progress in reducing the burden of non-communicable diseases, prepared by the WHO Technical Working Group on NCD Targets, 15 July 2011, available here.
C3 Collaborating for Health, “Report on the High-level Meeting on the Prevention and Control of NCDs (19-20 September 2011) and Associated Side-Events” available here.
NCD Alliance, “Summary and Analysis of the Political Declaration on the Prevention and Control of NCDs”, 5 October 2011 availablehere.
Global Health Council Roundtable, “Global Leadership and Local Solutions: Mobilizing for NCDs”, June 2011 available here.
Additional GSO documents, including the following,
- Linkages between Major Highlights from GSO April and June Roundtables and the Political Declaration
- Highlights from April and June 2011 GSO Roundtables on Mobilizing Multi-stakeholder Action to Address NCDs
- Report of April 2011 GSO Roundtable
- Report of June 2011 GSO/CMBD Roundtable