Upcoming and past events hosted by the GSO
- Approval of Minutes from 2015 General Assembly
- Approval of annual reports for 2015-2016
- Report of the Executive Director
- Report of the Treasurer
- Election of GSO Management Committee Members
- Review of GSO Action Plan for 2015-2016
- Presentation of GSO Vision and Action Plan for 2016-2017
- New Business
- Approval of annual reports
- Election of GSO Management Committee
- Presentation of GSO In-depth Brief: Conflict-of-Interest Issues and Building Trust in Multi-stakeholder Partnerships
- New Business
- Deborah Vorhies, President, GSO
- Salman Bal, Senior Political Coordination Adviser, United Nations Office at Geneva
- Catherine Bell, President, Graduate Women International
- Sultana Khanum, Global SUN Civil Society Network
- Stuart Orr, Head of Water Stewardship, WWF-International
- Peter Poschen, Director of Enterprises Department, International Labour Organization
The Twelfth Annual General Assembly of the Global Social Observatory is scheduled for Tuesday, 5 July 2016 from 10:00 to 12:00 at the International Environment House, Geneva, Switzerland. All are welcome to attend – GSO Members and Friends. See the agenda below. Please let us know at email@example.com if you plan to attend, and we will send you additional materials.
GSO General Assembly: 2015 Challenges and Opportunities
On Tuesday, 23 June 2015, the Global Social Observatory will hold its annual General Assembly from 9:00 to 12 noon, with a special programme to publicize the GSO perspective on “2015 Challenges and Opportunities: Contributions from the Geneva International Scene” at the Ecumenical Centre. Please note the change of date and location. Please confirm your attendance by replying to this email or calling us and leaving a message at +41 22 723 2791.
The programme will start with a presentation of an In-depth Brief on the interplay between conflict-of-interest issues and building trust in multi-stakeholder partnerships. The Brief is based on the recently completed GSO project supporting the Scaling Up Nutrition Movement on conflict of interest.
Following a coffee break, there will be a dialogue on the challenges and opportunities for multi-stakeholder partnerships in support of the Post-2015 Development Agenda and the Solutions Agenda of the Climate Change Summit. The dialogue will draw on a project being developed by the GSO in association with the Office of the Director-General of the United Nations Office at Geneva.
At the conclusion of the programme, participants will be invited to discuss an Action Plan for a Geneva-based platform on building partnerships for the proposed Sustainable Development Goals in the Post-2015 Development Agenda and the Solutions Agenda of the Climate Change Summit.
Again, please let us know if you are able to join us on 23 June by responding to this email or calling us and leaving a message at +41 22 723 2791. We will send the In-depth Brief, proposed Action Plan and a final agenda before the event to everyone who has confirmed their attendance.
GSO General Assembly
Ecumenical Centre, World Council of Churches
Tuesday, 23 June 2015
9:00 – 12:00
09:00 Official General Assembly Meeting
10:00 Coffee and Networking
10:30 GSO Dialogue on Challenges and Opportunities for Cross-cutting and Multi-stakeholder Partnerships for Implementing the Post-2015 Development Agenda and the Solutions Agenda of the Climate Change Summit
11:30 Discussion of an Action Plan for a Geneva-based Platform on Building Partnerships